Thursday, January 15, 2009

Date Night

Matt and I had a "Date Night" last night - the first one in a long time!
As much as we knew we'd miss Zachary, we think it's a good idea if we start having a night for just US once in a while. Gigi and Popa kept the little man for us and they were very excited to have him! We had dinner at Carrabba's (it was sooo yummy!), stopped for a drink at Uno's and then went to the movies to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It was a really great movie, but beware, it's 3 hours long! After the movie, we walked by the river and enjoyed the crisp weather (okay, the COLD weather!).
It was so nice to go out and focus 100% on each other...not that I don't notice this every day, but I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband. He's so much fun, has a great sense of humor, deliciously good-looking and still, after all these years, such a gentleman :)
We had a really enjoyable night, but missed Zachary! We called to check on him 3 or 4 times, and although we knew he was in good hands, we wanted to see what he was up to :)
I have a feeling we'll have to do this again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was happy to see the two of you going on your date night! It is very good for you ... and, me! :) I enjoyed Zachary's sleep over!!!!